April 23, 2018
16 Best Places for Brunch in the Gainesville Area!
We asked around, listened, tallied up the votes and compiled a list of the best places in town to grab brunch. Consistent votes came in for 16 most mentioned places : Here are the places that made the cut where locals say they love grabbing their favorites.
1. The Bakery Mill and Deli - located in the Newberry Crossings plaza right across from TJ Maxx. Some of their menu items include omelettes, salads, and sandwiches along with a huge variety of tasty baked goods - gotta try their crumb muffins. Their store hours are Mon-Sat 6:30am - 2:30pm. Sunday 7:30am - 2:30pm and find more information at thebakerymill.com
2. Metro Diner Gainesville - located off of SW 34th street and SW 20th Ave near Gumby’s
Metro Diner has received awards like “Best Diner” by the Gainesville Sun, “#1 Breakfast and Brunch” “Best Breakfast” and “Best Fried Chicken” - So naturally, Chicken and Waffles seem to be the favorite breakfast choice at Metro Diner as well as the crab cake benedict.
Sun - Thu: 6:30 am – 8:00 pm and Fri & Sat: 6:30 am – 9:00 pm
3. OAK - Original American Kitchen - Southern Fare, Modern Flair - located off of 1st Ave near Bo Diddley Plaza in Downtown Gainesville. Their decadent brunch menu includes Shrimp & Grits, Bananas Foster French Toast, Vegetarian Quiche and Country Fried Steak, just to name a few! Sunday through Wednesday - 11am to 10pm, Thursday - 11am to Midnight, Friday and Saturday - 11am to 2am
4. One Love Cafe - located off of 39th Avenue behind Crafty Bastards. Locals love the ambiance and live music. The majority of seating is outdoors. You can choose to sit on the covered patio or branch out to the seating in the sun or near the fire pit. The brunch menu at One Love Cafe is ever-evolving but their sandwhich bread is baked fresh daily from Flour Pot Bakery in Tioga Town Center. Brunch hours are Saturday 11-3 & Sunday 11-2
5. 43rd Street Deli - 43rd Street Deli is a Gainesville icon which has been in business for over 35 years. The original location, now known as the West location is of course on 43rd street near 23rd behind Zaxby’s. Their additional location, known as 43rd Street Deli South is located off of Williston Road and SW 34th Street - Both locations are open to serve you Monday - Sunday: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Their menu is packed full of all of your favorite classic american breakfast options including omelettes, scrambles, benedicts, pancakes - also available in 7 grain or sweet potato with options for mix-ins and toppings, waffles, french toast, and more, more, more!
6. Leonardo’s 706 - Leonardo’s 706 is located at 706 West University Avenue and is described as Funky, art-filled Med-Californian eatery featuring locally sourced ingredients & live jazz. Another very popular choice of the locals for brunch for it’s savory selections and eclectic atmosphere. Enjoy the Cajun Omelette, Tofu Stir Fry, Organic Blueberry pancakes with pecan butter, or any of their other selections. Sunday Brunch is served 10am to 3pm.
7. Afternoon Restaurant - located off of 10th Avenue, one and a half blocks east of 6th street. Enjoy their bold menu selections of coffees and teas, Whipped Feta Toast, Poached eggs with roasted squash, cornbread, walnuts, sage and brown butter hollandaise, or popover pancakes, just to name a few. Afternoon is open 9am to 3pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday and is closed on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
8. Flaco’s - cuban restaurant, coffee shop and bakery located on University Avenue in Downtown Gainesville. Some of the favorite menu items include empanadas, pastries, sandwiches, arepas, and more. Open 11am to 2:30am Tuesday through Friday and Saturday 12 noon to 2:30am. Closed on Sunday and Monday
9. Flying Biscuit Cafe - located in the same plaza as Fresh Market off of 43rd and 16th also near 43rd street deli WEST. Flying Biscuit is probably best known for their sweet biscuits. Other menu items include the Smoked Salmon Scramble, Turkey Sausage and Gravy and Tofu Scramble. Open 7am to 3pm Monday through Friday and 7am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday.
10. East End Eatery - located at 1202 NE 8th Ave, Gainesville, FL 32601 and described as Casual American outlet offering vegan, veggie & gluten–free options, plus a kids' play area & patio. Soups, Salads, Paninis, wraps, and more. Open Monday through Friday 8:30am to 3pm, closed Saturday and open Sunday 9:30am to 3pm.
11. Wahoo - Brunch at Wahoo has great reviews both with the locals and with out-of-towners on trip advisor. When weather is nice, enjoy dining on the porch and menu items such as Chicken and Waffles, Jambalaya Omelette, Fried Grit Cakes, Cinnamon Nut French Toast, and bottomless mimosas! Wahoo is open 11am to 10pm Monday through Thursday and 11am to 11pm Friday and Saturday and 10am to 10pm on Sundays.
12. Northwest Grille - Located next to David’s BBQ and Sal’s Place off of 39th and 51st in Northwest Gainesville. Enjoy a Chef’s Seafood Omelette, Sunshine Benedict, or a Breakfast Omelette and the BLOODY MARY BAR! Hours: Monday- Thurday 11am-10pm, Friday 11am-11pm, Saturday 10am-10pm, Sunday 10am-9pm http://www.northwestgrillegainesville.com/Brunch-Menu.html
13. Paramount Grill - located at 2 SW 1st Ave, downtown Gainesville. Classic space with understated decor serves Mediterranean-inspired cuisine; we hear that brunch there on Saturdays and Sundays is quite wonderful. Crab cake benedicts, short rib burritos, salmon and roasted potatoes, mimosas, and a really tasty house made bloody mary mix… Paramount Grill hours: Lunch Tuesday-Saturday 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Sunday Brunch 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Dinner Sunday - Thursday 5 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Friday & Saturday 5 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
14. Oggi Italian - located at 3117 SW 34th St suite 1, Gainesville, FL 32608 near Earth Fare. Enjoy Fritattas, brunch pizzas, italian hash, canoli french toast, espressos, cappuccinos and lots more.
Monday through Friday 4pm to 10pm and Saturday and Sunday Brunch starts at 11am to 3pm but the restaurant stays open for dinner until 10pm
15. The Top - another gainesville icon. Located at 30 N Main Street in Downtown Gainesville.
The best vegan chocolate cake in town. Super quirky ambiance. Most of their menu options have vegan or vegetarian selections Sunday - Brunch - 10am-2pm - 5pm-2am
16. Civilization -located at 1511 NW 2nd street, Civilization is a Worker-owned co-op serving locally sourced eclectic fare with veggie options in a comfy space. Civilization offers a variety of cuisine from different parts of the world, but it’s cash only so make sure you bring the Jeffersons!
Other Gainesville favorites for brunch include Country Foodly, Sugar Creek, and Daily Green.
*Please note that business hours, addresses and menu items are subject to change. For your reference, a webaddress for each business has been included.